Welcome to the website for the Black Engineering and Science Student Association (BESSA). We are the University of California, Berkeley chapter of our parent organization, the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE).
Our mission statement is:
- To increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers and scientists who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
Thanks for stopping by our website!
A Stand for Education: November 9, 2013
The Black Engineering and Science Students’ Association (BESSA) joined forces with the Black Recruitment and Retention Center (BRRC) to expose high school students to higher education and careers in the STEM fields. A special thanks to:
- Mera Horne for her amazing CAD (computer aided design) workshop
- Diana Lizarraga for her inspiring speech and support/sponsorship of the event
- Lina Buffington for her continued support of BESSA
- Chris Noble and Lisa Jonsson for making sure we had everything we needed
And a big thank you to the Cal NERDS (New Experiences for Research and Diversity in Science) program and The Engineering Scholars as Engaged Scholars Program (ES)2 for sponsoring the event!
Below are some pictures of the young, intelligent students!